Sonntag, 6. März 2011

Mr. and Mrs. Kinderhouse :)


Hey guys (and girls),
I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. I had a very pleasant one as I got to meet Mr. and Mrs. Brenneisen, the founder of the Future for Nepal’s children club and the initiators of the Karuna Kinderhouse project. But first things first: I have to make a correction: last Friday we fit 45 people in 1 microbus J NEW RECORD!! I took a bus during rush hour and the result were 45 people in and around one microbus. The problem is, EVERYONE here works from 9°° to 5°° and then they all want to leave Kathmandu. 

My weekend started great. On Friday I found a SUPERMARKET, a real one, where you could walk around and look at stuff. I was so happy! I finally got to buy some bread, and snacks, and some dried fruit and fruit-juice so I could hype up on sugar and vitamins J I will definitely become a heavy user of the shop.
Yesterday was Saturday the only day off for most Nepali. The result: 29 kids eager to play with me. And they have so much energy (and I don’t at the moment)!! I had to come up with one game after the other, again and again, jumping, throwing, running, singing, etc. I was and still am so tired all the time and after playing with the kids I slept through the night like a baby. They also wanted to do my hair again… 

Nice huh?? :) and that with only 6 pairs of hands in my hair!
And on Saturday I also got a surprise phone call. Mrs. Brenneisen called me from Germany. We talked for a while and I really enjoyed getting to know her. Her husband Manfred Brenneisen also flew in the same evening and I got to talk with him too. The two are so nice, open-hearted, easy to talk to, and one can tell how much they care about the children. Mr. and Mrs. Brenneisen have already supported a number of projects in Nepal, including some schools, and they have also adopted aNepali girl more than five years ago. For the Kinderhouse, the couple founded a club called “a future for nepal’s children e.v.” which is supported by many people from all around the world. Together they funded the Karuna Kinderhouse, a great place for children. With the house Manfred and Martina are giving the kids not only a home, but a chance at a better future! 

I admire people like my parents, and Manfred and Martina, who take action to make a real change in the world. It is them who bring a better life to children. I am looking forward to meet Mrs. Brenneisen in person when she together with her husband will return to Nepal with a group of friends this Easter.
If you feel like supporting a project like a new school, a building, health care, etc. take a look at these sites:  
Alright, that's it for today, I have some kids to play and study with! Next time I will try to tell you a little bit more about Plan International and my work there. Stay tuned in!
Namaste,
Annika

2 Kommentare:

  1. I enjoyed signing up for your blog in german...not really sure what I agreed to; but alas, I am here. :-)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. haha thanks Em! You seem to be doing great in your sports! Keep it up :)

    AntwortenLöschen