Sonntag, 20. März 2011

Holy Festival

Namaste Family and Friends!
How was your weekend? We celebrated Holy. It is a Hindu festival primarily observed in India, but also in other countries with a lot of Hinduism, such as Kathmandu.
No one was really able to tell me what exactly the celebration is about, but they definitely knew HOW to celebrate it.

All kids are throwing water balloons, and they play with colors, especially red. Saturday I had the great idea of finally going on a run! Gosh it was horrible, my health isn't really 100%, the road is horrible for my feet, and it only goes either steeply up or steeply down. I was gone one hour, but had to walk at least half of that. AND of course every 10meters there were groups of children waiting for strangers to come by.
So they happily threw water baloons at me. Great day to go jogging :) :)



My only luck was that 1) their aim was horrible, 2) they only had a few baloons and so some only pretended to throw, in order to preserve their few one's, and 3) some were too scared by me.

Back at the Kinderhouse, the children played as well of course. I looked out my window and watched them.
In the end they even got sister Tessa to come down and play with them.



They also begged me to come down and play with them in the water. However, I had absolutely NO intention to join them. I was tired, exhausted after the run, the water smelled, and it was cold outside. The kids begged again, so I walked down and played with them... in the ugly stinking water..
But it was fun :)

Okay that was it for today, just a short little entry :) I will be back Thursday from my trip to Banke. I am visiting my sponsored child so wish me luck :) I think it will be great!

Take care,
Namaste,
Annika

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen