Donnerstag, 5. Mai 2011

Banke Visit the Sequel!

Hey guys and girls,
how is life? well mine is very hectic and spontaneous right now.
I decided yesterday to go to Banke today. I will be taking a bus that takes at least 14 hours (sometimes up to 20 hours). Why would I do that? because it costs me 30 euro back and forth whereas a flight costs me 300!!! I want to go back there to visit specific Kamalari Projects. I am hoping to be able to stay with the girls in their hostel, that would be such a valuable experience! I am planning to also visit a national park in Bardiya and I will come back in about 7 days.

Just for your orientation. I am in Kathmandu, and going to Nepalgunj which
lies at the south border of Banke. And from there I will be going to Dang.
However, the Nepali are not very spontaneous and so I had to lobby for 2 days. Why the hectic? well there is a czech intern down there who also wants to visit Dang and the Kamalari, and he wants to  go there this weekend, so it would be handy if we went together... He cannot go any other time and he is busy with his research next week, so we tried to tell that the others... well they don't really care :D

Anyway, we managed it now, after I had to talk to one person here, then write the same person an email, then this person talked to his supervisor, then I had to call banke, and confirm, while speaking with the czech for like an hour... Crazy but it worked and I will be on the road in less then 8 hours... it is a night bus.
It is around 40 degrees down there and has lots of mosquitos, sounds like a dream huh? Another reason to go now, because those 40 degrees can become 45 in another week or so, and the rain might set in soon. All in all I am glad something finally worked out the way I wanted it!

Maybe I can see Urmila again! (The girl from the book!)


So I wish you a happy time for the next week, stay cool, cause I won't ;)
Annika

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen